Tuesday, November 18, 2008

USA Today Quote

Good news and bad news. Good news is this is my first ever quote in USA Today. The bad news, they asked me for some blog and Twitter critiques and among others I fed them the Seth Godin blog quote, paraphrasing for them but also providing them with the link to Seth's blog. They ran it as my critique. Sorry Seth!

I do believe that Motrin blew this. They introduced a campaign which clearly should have been better vetted. They did it on a Friday and did not track any noise about the campaign until some time late Sunday. The agency was clearly asleep as Twitter and the blogosphere were both slamming the campaign and the brand big time. Whether you agree or disagree with them, neither a brand or an agency can ever assume again that they can take the weekend off. Consumer communications are a 24 by 7 job. If you must launch on a Friday, watch to blogosphere and make sure that you are on top of any comments.

No comments: